Friday, November 20, 2009

chapter 19 and 20

in chapter 19 and 20 you can tell that Holden really cares for phoebe by the way he talks to her. They have a very close relationship, you could tell that when every he talked about her though out the book. Phobe is the only girl that holden really cares for in this book. Holden tries to connect with phoebe by sneaking in the house at night and only wanting to talk to her to see how she has been doing. " I went around the room, very quiet and all, looking at stuff for a while. I felt swell, for a change. I didn't even feel like i was getting pneuomonia or anything anymore. I just felt good for a change" (Salinger 159)

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Phoebe is the only girl that Holden really does care about and actually likes. He will do anything for her, and all the other girls that he knows he just likes them but doesnt really know why. He actually truely cares for phoebe.

    ReplyDelete